With millions of professionals at home and in front of their computers more in 2020, the use of LinkedIn skyrocketed. In a Kinsta.com article on 12/31/20, it was reported that 40% of LinkedIn’s 766 million users access the platform daily.
95% of recruiters use LinkedIn daily. Why? Perhaps they already know this stat- data shows that employees sourced through LinkedIn are 40% less likely to leave a company in the first 6 months!
- 55 job applications are submitted every second on LinkedIn
- The #1 soft skill companies need is Creativity
- Top hard skill is Blockchain followed by Cloud computing (source)
What does this mean for you?
- Ensure your company page is inviting for candidates and established the employer brand you want. How to Create a Company Page on LinkedIn
- Give personal profile a makeover this year. Give us a call at Deep End Talent Strategies for tips on your personal profile. Candidates will visit the company page first, and then look at owners and leader’s profiles.
- While LinkedIn is a tool for users to network and search for jobs, and it’s also become a go-to for lead generation. HubSpot reports that LinkedIn is 277% more effective at generating leads than other social sites.
Consultant’s Tip: When evaluating candidates in a competitive search, look at which are following your company page on LinkedIn. That is a sign of interest and engagement; those candidates have already gone one step further than the rest.