Indiana Automotive Equipment is looking for a skilled Field Technician to join our team! We are a fast growing, full line sales and service company for the light and heavy-duty automotive industry, providing quality equipment and service in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Kentucky, and surrounding states. We sell and service automotive in-ground and above ground lifts, mobile column lifts, fluid pumps, tanks, reels, exhaust removal systems, air compressors, refrigerant dryers, waste oil heaters, wheel service and alignment equipment, detail equipment, and an array of hydraulic equipment.
As a Field Technician, it is your responsibility to assist the Lead Field Technician in serving customers by installing, maintaining, and repairing automotive service equipment. In this role, you will primarily be working on 2-post and 4-post automotive lifts, air compressor systems, fluid delivery systems and waste oil heating systems. You will have an opportunity to work in many of the largest and most advanced dealership service centers. Trends such as vehicle electrification and autonomous driving capabilities are fueling technologically advanced investments in service centers. You will be at the forefront of this innovation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete installations; perform acceptance tests; diagnosis, maintenance, and repairs in compliance with company procedures and protocols.
- Keep company-owned and personal equipment operating properly by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; and calling for repairs.
- Maintain rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Maintain customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Willingness to take on, own and see through to completion management-assigned tasks.
- Have a customer-first approach, ability to communicate professionally and provide excellent service to clients.
- Great communication skills with the ability to effectively convey information.
- Interest in mechanics and a quick learner.
- Previous experience performing mechanical diagnosis, maintenance, and/or repairs preferred (not required).
- Ability to tackle challenges with a creative and flexible mindset
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, as well as be able to frequently kneel, bend, squat, sit and twist
- Ability to regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Must possess valid driver's license - will be provided company car for local client site travel.