Separators in an Indianapolis-based centrifuge service provider specializing in major and minor centrifuge service, remanufactured centrifuge equipment, and high-quality centrifuge parts while providing the highest quality support and results. We service various industries across the US including dairy, pharmaceutical, beverage, and biofuel. Our team members are curious, confident, and committed to helping our customers succeed.
As a Field Service Technician, you will play an important role in the Separators team. You will be responsible for providing direct on-site support for our customers. To succeed in this position you will need to be knowledgeable in mechanical operations and systems with the ability to quickly learn about our industry and machines. Additionally, you should have excellent communication skills with the ability to relay technical information clearly, and strong customer service skills. This position will be frequently traveling to client sites, when not at client sites they will be working remotely.
- Perform scheduled minor and major centrifuge maintenance and repair work at customer site.
- Identify root cause issues, determine resolution, and perform troubleshooting to resolve issues for customers. Providing recommendations to customers as necessary.
- Communicate with customer prior to service appointment and follow up after service appointment to provide positive customer experience.
- Communicate within Separators team of customer service updates and needs.
- Communicate within the Separators team and be available to take after hours (internal and customer) calls.
- Attend and assist with machine start-up with Senior Engineer and/or Technical Service Group.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships to facilitate repeat business.
- Perform in field machine inspections for possible purchase as requested.
- Always represent Separators Inc. in a professional and courteous manner.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of our automation/controls.
- Team well with other service technicians and departments to best serve our customers.
- Identify and inquire about idle centrifuge equipment in customer’s plants for possible purchase and communicate relevant information.
- High school Diploma.
- Post high school trade/technical school a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude; basic welding and electrical knowledge.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Persistence and reliability to safely work until the job is completed.
- 3 plus years of centrifuge repair, maintenance and or operating experience is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Courteous with customers.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to travel extensively (up to 75%).
- Physical ability to safely perform labor and travel - Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, as well as be able to frequently kneel, bend, squat, sit and twist. Ability to regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Being available to work after hours, weekend and holidays for emergency work.
- Works well within, and supports a team.