Remote in Davenport, IA
Operation: Job Ready Veterans (OJRV) is a Midwest-based nonprofit organization dedicated to positively impacting the lives of Veterans, service members, and their families by providing transitional assistance, career development coaching, and employment-seeking services.
As a Veteran Employment Transition Manager on the OJRV Team, you will assist veterans and staff in a variety of capacities to prepare veterans for employment.
- Assists clients in writing / reviewing their resume (civilian and federal resumes).
- Coordinates with partnered employers that attend the Graduation and Hiring Fair at the end of the VETS course.
- Recruits veterans, service members, and military family members to attend the VETS Course in-person or virtually.
- Instructs the VETS Course in-person or virtual as assigned.
- Plans, executes, and follows up with clients in-person, via social media, etc.
- Provides one on one services such as interviewing, resume, career coaching, etc.
- Addresses transition challenges to identify barriers to employment as needed.
Community / Employer Relationships
- Represents OJRV at community events and organizational meetings with prior authorization from supervisor.
- Acts as liaison between employers and OJRV clients to provide resumes / client information to perspective employers for client interviewing and potential employment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite and other virtual platforms.
- Experience with training, resume development and coaching others in the current job market is required.