Separators in an Indianapolis-based centrifuge service provider specializing in major and minor centrifuge service, remanufactured centrifuge equipment, and high-quality centrifuge parts while providing the highest quality support and results. We service various industries across the US including dairy, pharmaceutical, beverage, and biofuel. Our team members are curious, confident, and committed to helping our customers succeed.
The Balance Technician I will be responsible for the disassembly, inspection, recording of as found conditions, repairs, reassembly and balancing of OEM centrifugal bowls. The ideal candidate will be mechanically inclined, willing to learn and have the ability to troubleshoot and repair issues in machinery using a combination of observation, physical measurements, and vibration readings. Experience is a plus, but we are willing to train the right individual. You will work as part of a team to ensure that all projects are completed safely, correctly and meet or beat customer expectations.
Job Duties & Tasks
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to balance equipment.
- Apply mechanical skills and knowledge to troubleshoot and repair issues in machinery using observation, vibration analysis and physical measurements.
- Ability to apply rational principles to solve practical problems and deal with several concrete variables in standardized situations and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of specifications, blueprints, manuals and mechanical drawings and have a general understanding of analytical methods.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers.
- Dismantle machines or equipment, using hand tools and power tools, in order to examine parts for defects and replace defective parts where needed.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information.
- Perform the basic functions of arithmetic; add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.
- Evaluate procedures and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
Qualifications & Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent; Vocational school or apprenticeship preferred
- 1 - 3 years of previous relevant experience in an industry where vibration management is essential such as aircraft engine, auto engine, auto drive train, marine shaft etc.
- Demonstrated time management and prioritization skills with multitasking ability.
- Self-Starter, Ability to work independently under general supervision .
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals.
- Knowledge of metal properties and other material.
- Previous experience with tig welding, machining, or 3 phase electrical a plus.
- Must be able to utilize complex problem-solving techniques and critical thinking in support of assignments.
- Must be thorough and accurate and maintain attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding mathematical skills and analytical abilities.
- Basic skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Physical ability to safely perform labor - Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time, as well as be able to frequently kneel, bend, squat, sit and twist. Ability to regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds without assistance
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance; PTO; Professional Development & Tuition Assistance; Tuition Subsidy Program; Parental Leave; Pet Insurance; Wellness Program; STD; and More